Smoothie bowls are quickly becoming a popular trend and quite easy to see why. Firstly, they are super photogenic so are great to capture a new Instagram picture and secondly, they’re packed with amazing ingredients such as superfoods, acai, oatmeal and more. They’re a brilliant way to kick off your day.
What is a smoothie bowl?
A smoothie bowl is a thick smoothie which is served in a bowl and topped with granola, fruit and nuts.
Nutritional benefits of a smoothie bowl -
- Full of fruit and vegetables
- High in vitamins and fibre
- Thicker consistency than a smoothie which keeps you fuller for longer
- Rich in protein
What goes into a smoothie bowl -
The truth is, anything you want can go into a smoothie bowl! What can help to make a good smoothie bowl is consistency and a balance of nutrients a bit of protein with fruit and vegetables is the perfect combination! (e.g. berries, kale, soya milk and avocado.)
Advantages of a smoothie bowl -
- Slower consumption. As the smoothies in a bowl, you’ll be eating it like a soup in a way. A lot slower than just slurping up a smoothie in a glass, this is better for your digestion.
- They’re super easy to make and are so healthy!
- Toppings. With smoothie bowls, you can pick and choose as many toppings as you want. The toppings will also keep you fuller than a smoothie alone will.
- Artistic. Smoothies in a glass just don’t have the Instagram appeal of smoothie bowls. In a bowl you can layout your toppings to make it look super photogenic and artistic, your smoothie bowl will look as well as taste AMAZING!