The demand for smoothie bowls is high, and it’s so easy to see why. Packed with good-for- you ingredients like superfoods, acai, oatmeal and more, they’re a brilliant way to ensure your day is off to a great start.
What is a smoothie bowl?
A smoothie bowl is an extra-thick smoothie which is served in a bowl rather than a glass. Often topped with granola, nuts and chopped fruit.
Nutritional benefits of a smoothie bowl -
The combination of fruit, greens and protein are rich in vitamins and fibre which lead to the creation of a balanced, nutritious smoothie bowl. Meals that include protein and fat can keep you feeling fuller for longer than meals that only include carbs. The liquid and fibre in a smoothie bowl can also help to fill your stomach, keeping the urge to snack at bay.
What goes into a smoothie bowl -
A balanced smoothie bowl includes the following components, which can help to create the perfect consistency and provide a good balance of nutrients:
- Greens (such as spinach or kale)
- Fruits (such as berries, bananas or apples)
- Proteins (such as milk or nut butters)
- Healthy fats (such as avocados, nuts or seeds)
Advantages of a smoothie bowl -
- You’ll consume them more slowly. Serving smoothies in a bowl allows you to slow down, relax, taste what you’re eating and even chew your smoothie bowl for optimum digestion.
- Toppings! With smoothie bowls, you can add as many toppings as you desire to add texture, flavour and crunch. The toppings will also keep you fuller than a smoothie alone will.
- Aesthetics. Smoothies in a glass just don’t have the Instagram appeal of smoothie bowls. You can swirl, colour coordinate and decorate smoothie bowls so they look as well as taste AMAZING!